Friday, 31 January 2014

What I've been getting up to...

So, yesterday (30th Jan) I attended a gig that I had planned to go to at The Roadhouse, Birmingham. I was going to the gig to support the band Aramantus, who have agreed to work with me to develop my tasks for my chosen brief (NuTunes Records).

During the time I was at the venue, I sat through the sound checks for each band that performed (With Silence Comes Secrets, Aramantus, The Brandy Thieves, and Theia) and I got to know some of the band members and managers, who told me about their experiences of being in bands, or managing bands, and playing/managing different gigs.

Before the gig began at 8pm, I took some photos of the performance room, the stage, and some of the technical equipment; mostly I was just testing the camera I had with me, and my phone camera, using different angles for shots and testing the zoom option, as well as seeing how the photos looked with the lighting that was around.

When Aramantus came on stage to prepare for their set, I took some photos of them setting up the stage for their performance and I tested these set of photos on my camera. A short while after all of this happened, Aramantus were up on stage, and I took pictures of them performing throughout. Although it was tricky at times (with trying to get around people to get good shots and to get a clear image of the band despite them moving around a lot), I managed to get some realistic photos of the performance. I have put up just a few photos below to show you all, for now, at least until I've decided which photos out of the 50 or so that I took are decent and the ones that I could possibly use for the print task.


Now that I have something to work with, i.e. all of the photos I took at the gig, I can start planning in more depth how I'm going to construct the material for the print task. I already had some ideas in mind, like a tour poster, an advert to promote an album in a magazine and/or an interview with the band in a magazine; but now that I have some of the material that I will need for these processes, I can start to plan and actually create the work for the tasks.

I will keep you all updated!

- Aramantus on stage -
- Aramantus with lead vocalist Andrea from The Brandy Thieves -


- Aramantus performing their set on stage -

No comments:

Post a Comment