When the school system went down before Christmas, close to when our coursework research was due in, I planned to work on creating my logo for NuTunes Records during my free periods in school time. However, it wasn't possible to do so, as before, problems with the system meant that I couldn't save any work onto my school documents, meaning that any work I did with creating a logo would be lost, and I didn't have a laptop to work with at home at the time. Now, after Christmas, I do have access to a laptop and I am able to work on my coursework outside of school, so I have been able to create and develop a logo in my own free time and here is the finishing result:
![]() |
| The first developed logo I have created for the brief which represents NuTunes Records. |
I believe that the logo I've created fits this criteria, due to the choices I made with the design. For instance, I chose a simple black and white colour scheme which not only is attractive to the eye, but it represents the image of 'rock and roll' (a genre of music that this label represents), and it becomes easy for the audience to identify. The simple colour scheme also will allow for the logo to easily fit onto any website, poster, magazine advertisement etc, meaning that the logo is versatile, and also timeless, as the logo can be used at any time without the need to be adjusted in any way.
I chose to use a basic font, Pompiere, which I believe is fitting for the representation of NuTunes Records: the font isn't overly bold and eccentric (like in some other designs I have seen), but it holds a sense of appeal by the elegance and style that it has. When I chose this font, I realised how smooth and sophisticated it was, and I thought that it could easily fit in with any advertisement that it appeared on, but not only this, the sophistication of it and it's ability to stand out is a good reflection of the recording label that it represents.
The reason I'd say that this logo is memorable is due to the originality of the music record symbol that I've included which follows 'Records'; the symbol is a representation of music, which is appropriate to what this recording label is about - the marketing of music recordings and music videos. The music symbol is a clear indication of this, in which the audience will be able to see when they look at the logo, and will therefore recognise, or have some sort of idea of what NuTunes Records is all about. Apart from the symbol, however, the logo does not have much else going on in it, which adds to the simplicity of it. Simplicity in a logo is vital (as identified in my previous research), and I believe that I have achieved a sense of simplicity in the design of my logo which is not too underwhelming, but instead adds to the effectiveness of the design.
I created this logo with the help of a website I discovered called postermywall.com, and one that I already knew of called picmonkey.com. I mentioned in my previous post that my laptop does not have the system requirements to download versions of Photoshop, and therefore I have had to settle with alternative editing websites (which actually aren't all that bad anyway, and I find them easy to use) to assist me with my work. The first website, postermywall.com, is an 'online Custom Poster and Photo Collage Maker', however, I have not used it for such functions and, instead, I used it for access to a particular font called 'Pompiere'. I chose the option of a solid black background to begin with, which lead to my decision of the nicely contrasting white font to go with it. After that, I simply chose the font, adjusted the size to 62, and then added in the image of the music record which would sit beside the text on the right. When I was satisfied with what I'd done, I downloaded the work, and I brought up picmonkey.com on a new tab. I opened up the work on this website and I used the cropping tool to cut down the size, then I finished off by using the sharpen tool to make the text more bold and clear.
PS: I sincerely apologise for the lateness of this post, it should have been presented a while ago now with my research, but it has just not been physically possible to show this until now. I will update my research accordingly with this section included under the 'logos' part.

No comments:
Post a Comment