![]() |
| Press release for the band. |
I made this piece of work on an online editing programme called postermywall.com; I've used this programme for the creation of my previous print pieces and the outcome was, in my opinion, successful. I like the variation of fonts that are available on this website, they are unique and the ones I've picked out, I haven't seen used elsewhere which gave my work the originality I was aiming for.
When I went onto the website to create this press release, I selected the option of using a solid black background in landscape; using black enabled me to be consistent with the house style choices I made from previous designs, and choosing to have it in landscape would allow me to fit all of the content on. I then uploaded two photos that I had previously picked out and I positioned them on the right hand side, and I cropped them down slightly so that they would fit in their designated spaces.
When I was happy with their positions, I moved on to adding the main title which was 'Aramantus'. I used the same font and colours for this title that I had in my previous print pieces and this allowed me to be consistent in my designs. I made the size of the title much larger in comparison to all of the other text because I wanted it to stand out; I believe the red colour jumped out as being bold also, as well as the size. It's important for the title to stand out from the other text because it gives the audience an impression of what they're looking at. I added the copyright symbol to put beside the main title so that the document would look official. After moving the title around a few times, I eventually found the ideal place for it to be: at the top of the page on the left hand side with a small gap for me to fit some smaller text in above. I started to add the smaller text in the font 'Accidental Presidency' which is the main font I've used throughout all three of my print pieces; again, this allowed me to be consistent in the designs. This text was in white, which contrasted well with the red colour, and it was in a significantly smaller size than the main title because this information didn't need to stand out as much, although it was still important. I did the same thing for the text directly below the main title, except I put the word 'ultimate' in capital letters to make it bold, as it is a key word which ought to encourage the news media to advertise the band, as well as to encourage the audience that this band is worth their attention.
After this, I went on to writing the main information below. The information I put here had to be convincing and presented in a professional tone; the information in this part of the press release is what the journalists and other people in the news media would read, therefore it had to be realistic and appropriate. I made specific language choices, and I tried to adopt the role of a press release writer. The font for the text was again, Accidental Presidency, and the size was considerably smaller than any other text as I had to be able to fit all of the information into the designated space. But not only this, like in magazine articles/interviews and other examples of press releases, the text is presented in a small font so the audience can feel as though they're being given a fair amount of information to take in; in other words, I wanted the appearance of my press release to fit the bill of others similar to it which are deemed as acceptable.
When I was satisfied with the main body, I added some contact details to the bottom of the page; this was important so that an individual from the news media would be able to contact an appropriate person if they were interested in the band or wanted more information about them. I also included my design of the official NuTunes Records logo at the very bottom of the document to ensure that it looked professional, and also so that the audience would be able to identify the company that is responsible for the band.
Lastly, I made some finishing touches like adding a caption to the top photograph so the audience were aware of what it was showing, as well as adding relevant websites - www.nutunesrecordsofficial.co.uk and www.aramantusofficial.co.uk - in case the audience required more information and details about the band.
Like I've mentioned previously, I'm happy to go back and make changes with these print pieces if they aren't up to scratch, but at the moment, I'm pretty happy with what I've produced. I believe they all follow a similar house style and design; I've included the official NuTunes Records logo onto all three print pieces; I have used the same fonts and colours; and I've looked at examples of work similar to my own for ideas when I was struggling or unsure of what I had to do.
:)

No comments:
Post a Comment